Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
March 1, 2013
Western Michigan Broncos (18-9, 9-4) at Eastern Michigan Eagles (13-15, 6-7)
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Venue: Convocation Center
Saturday, March 2 at 7:00 p.m.
All-time series record: WMU leads 55-47
Radio: Bronco Radio Network
Announcer: Robin Hook
Stations: WKZO - 96.5 FM: (Flagship) Kalamazoo, Portage, Mattawan; WMAX - 96.1 FM: Grand Rapids, Holland, Muskegon; WVIC - 94.1 FM: Lansing, Jackson, Battle Creek
Pre-game: Begins at 1:30 p.m.
Rob Murphy's record at EMU: 27-33 (3rd season)
Steve Hawkins' record at Western Michigan: 177-141 (10th season)
- The Broncos entered the week ranked 17th in the nation in rebounding margin.
- With a win today, the Broncos will clinch no worse than the third seed in the 2013 First Energy MAC Tournament.
- The Broncos are seeking their fifth 20-win season under head coach Steve Hawkins.
- Darius Paul recorded his fifth double-double of the season with a career-high 28 points and 12 rebounds at Toledo.
- Paul's 28 points at Toledo are the most for a Bronco freshman since Ben Reed notched 29 against Akron on Feb. 11, 2002.
- Paul leads all MAC freshmen in scoring (10.9 ppg) and rebounding (6.1 rpg).
- David Brown's 10.8 ppg ranks as the most among all bench players in MAC games this season.
- Nate Hutcheson has 1,035 points, placing him in 31st place on the career scoring list at Western Michigan.
- This will mark the 128th game played in Hutcheson's career, tying him with Joe Reitz for 2nd on the career list.
- Today's start gives Hutcheson 113 career starts, placing him 4th on Western Michigan's career list
Brian Persky: Last year, it was the Eagles who clinched the MAC West on the Broncos' home floor. This year, I think the guys are hungry for a reversal of fortunes. For that reason alone, I'm going with WMU.
Score Prediction: Western Michigan 63, Eastern Michigan 55
D.J. Duckett: EMU is always a tough team to play, but WMU handled the zone well last time. If they can shoot well from the perimeter, and mix in some zone busting cuts to the hoop, I see the Broncos doing well. I see a victory in WMU's future.
Score Prediction: Western Michigan 65, Eastern Michigan 59
David James: Eastern Michigan has given the Broncos plenty of problems the past couple of years, but the Eagles aren't playing their best basketball of late. As long as WMU can keep their focus in the quiet Convocation Center, this should be a win.
Score Prediction: Western Michigan 56, Eastern Michigan 48
MLive/Kalamazoo Gazette: In the paint: Darius Paul key for WMU basketball today against Eastern Michigan's zone 'D'
WMU Athletics: Broncos Seek to Clinch MAC West Against Eagles
WMU Athletics: Official Game Notes
EMU Athletics:Eagles Host Western Michigan for In-State Rival Matchup
Follow BroncoBlitz on Facebook and Twitter!
Western Michigan NEWS